GENERAL PARKS QUESTIONS
Are CVC parks and trails available?
Access to most CVC parks and trails is available for public use with limited seasonal activities available. Enhanced safety measures are in place at CVC parks in accordance with public health guidelines to maintain physical distancing and comply with gathering limits. Visit our Conservation Areas page for the up-to-date status on our parks and trails.
Belfountain Conservation Area, the Cheltenham Badlands and Ken Whillans R.M.A are closed for the winter season.
Is parking available?
Limited parking is available at most locations. Please visit our Parks Conditions page for up-to-date status at each property.
Are washrooms available?
Terra Cotta and Island Lake Conservation Areas and Ken Whillans Resource Management Area have flush washrooms available. All other open parks do not have facilities.
Do you have contactless payment options?
Visitors can purchase admission online for Terra Cotta and Island Lake Conservation Area, as well as Ken Whillans RMA as a method of contactless payment. Receipts from online purchases must be available to show staff when asked. Tickets can be purchased at cvcparks.ca using our booking system.
Are there restrictions or guidelines I need to be aware of when accessing CVC trails?
Visitors must follow these guidelines or use at their own risk:
- Practice physical distancing by staying two metres (six feet) apart
- Stay on trails, stepping off only to allow others to pass
- Yield to oncoming trail users when crossing bridges and boardwalks
- Do not gather or arrange to meet family, friends or other groups
- Keep pets on leash and clean up after them
- Do not litter
- Take all trash with you when leaving the property
- Be mindful of wildlife and plant-life
- Do not trespass on private property next to CVC trails
- Respect the instructions provided by our dedicated staff
- Bring your own hand sanitizer as there are limited hand-washing facilities available.
CVC also asks visitors to:
- We ask everyone to follow the local Covid Response Framework and keep your visit to the number of people permitted for outdoor gathering. Visitors should limit their group sizes to members of their household. Don’t forget to bring a mask.
- Select the property closest to them to limit unnecessary travel. Staff will be limiting the number of visitors at each property to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Limit their stay to ensure everyone can enjoy an experience in nature.
- Be prepared to turn back if a property is full. Illegal parking is subject to fines and towing.
What’s the difference between provincial parks, conservation reserves and conservation areas?
Provincial conservation reserves and provincial parks are not the same as conservation areas. Your local conservation areas are owned and operated by conservation authorities. Conservation reserves are owned and operated by Ontario Parks. Conservation Areas are not part of the 2021 Ontario Parks complimentary admission offer.
What parks are available?
Please go to www.cvc.ca/parkconditions
What activities can I do at the park?
Recreational activities include walking, shore fishing hiking, birdwatching, photography, cycling.
Activities that are not specifically listed on the park page on the website are not available at this time. Physical distancing rules at facilities allow CVC to better monitor park use, limit visitor and staff contact and put less strain on emergency services.
Is fishing available?
Shore fishing is available at Island Lake at this time. Personal watercraft are also permitted. Please visit our Parks Conditions page for up-to-date status.
Baitfish are not permitted. Worms, where Ontario Fishing Regulations allow, will continue to be allowed as bait in CVC conservation areas. CVC doesn’t allow harvesting of baitfish, frogs, leeches or crayfish in its parks.
Are you accepting group reservations?
Group reservations cannot be made until further notice when outdoor gathering limits increase in the relevant public health unit. Reservations are subject to compliance with provincial restrictions on gatherings at that time.
Will you be hosting any events this year?
All CVC Parks events are cancelled at this time. We will assess future events based on the direction of the province and public health authorities.
Will my membership be extended because of the closure?
Memberships that were impacted by the closure were extended. Memberships purchased from March 2020 through to May 2020, will get an extension of up to three months on your current membership (depending which month you purchase your card during the parks closure). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. All members affected who have provided their email would have received a notification.