Plant a Native Tree in your Yard
Brighten your community and your yard. Homeowners in eligible neighbourhoods can request a free tree that CVC’s home planting team will deliver and help plant.
Planting trees on your property provides shade and privacy, adds beauty and colour, creates habitat for pollinators and birds and helps reduce the impacts of climate change. Plant more than one to add layers or create a grouping. Additional trees are available for purchase at time of order.
Request your free tree
The giveaway is currently available to homeowners in the following neighbourhoods*:
- Hungry Hollow SNAP (Georgetown)
- Community Tree Project/Fletchers Creek SNAP (Brampton)
- City of Mississauga Wards 4, 9 and 10
*Giveaway neighbourhoods are selected based on current CVC and municipal priorities to best address issues like climate change and flood resilience. Neighbourhoods are subject to change.
- A variety of native trees are available to choose from.
- Homeowners are responsible for caring for their new tree. We provide you with guidance and resources to keep it thriving and healthy.
- Free trees are available while supplies last.
- Limit of one free tree per household in 2023.
- Neighbourhood orders may be subject to order deadlines.
- Plantings will be scheduled for spring and fall 2023. Our home planting team will contact you to arrange delivery and planting. One homeowner must be home during the planting.
- If purchasing additional trees they must be ordered at the time of your free tree order (i.e., one order per household).
- Northern red oak, Quercus rubra
- Smooth serviceberry, Amelanchier laevis
- Alternate-leaved dogwood, Cornus alternifolia
- Eastern red cedar, Juniperus virginiana
- Freeman’s maple, Acer x freemanii
- Paper birch, Betula papyrifera
- Common hackberry, Celtis occidentalis