Learn About Our Process
We value your time and appreciate your interest in working with us. All organizations run their recruitment process differently so we’re providing you with an overview of our process to help you prepare.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Submit your application online on the job posting webpage. Complete the application form and attach your resume and cover letter.
The hiring committee carefully reviews each resume that is submitted. We invite those in for an interview who have most successfully outlined their skills and qualifications that best meet the requirements for the role. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Have you been invited in for an interview? This is what you can expect:
- We will value your time and the effort you took to prepare for the interview. We will do our best to ensure the process is welcoming for you.
- We will treat you with dignity and respect.
- We will provide a comfortable interview environment because inclusion of diverse voices and perspectives is important to us.
- In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), we will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Should you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.
- Candidates are considered based on their own merit.
- Depending on the position that you are applying for, you may be asked to:
- prepare a presentation,
- bring in samples of your work as related to the position you are applying for
- or complete a short exercise, quiz or written exercise.
- You will receive a notification of this prior to your interview.
- When you are called for an interview you will be provided with details about your interview. We’ll send a follow-up email reconfirming the details.
After the Interview
The successful candidate will be contacted. If you are not the successful candidate, you will be notified by Human Resources.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC provides accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability–related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Diversity and Inclusion brief statement and link to page.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Ministry of Health as a condition of employment and must have satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.