Explore Watershed Science
We are committed to healthy ecosystems. These are rich in biodiversity, with well-connected natural habitats and clean water flowing through rivers and streams.
A healthy ecosystem contributes to the health of our residents and visitors. It creates spaces for play, sport and relaxation.
We are the primary scientific authority in the Credit River Watershed. We lead the protection, restoration and enhancement of our local natural environment. Our ecologists are in the field, in the office and in the lab.
We collect and analyze environmental information to:
- Understand the health of the Credit River Watershed
- Understand the stressors affecting watershed health
- Forecast flooding
- Protect, enhance and restore the watershed via land use planning and input, land acquisition and restoration and stewardship
- Manage water quality and quantity
- Guide the development of strategies to protect and restore the watershed
Watershed Science News
Make an Information Request
We are in the information business! We share what we know and learn about the Credit River Watershed.
Get a Research Permit
If you are interested in conducting research at our conservation lands and parks, you need a permit.