A Part of Your Community
Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) is a community-based environmental organization, dedicated to protecting, restoring and managing the natural resources of the Credit River Watershed.
Established by the provincial government in 1954, CVC is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario. We are the primary scientific authority for the watershed and work in partnership with municipal governments, landowners, community organizations, schools and businesses to deliver locally-based programs that support:
Good News Stories from 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we never stopped serving the residents and environment of the Credit River Watershed. These are some moments of pride from 2020.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
A thriving environment that protects, connects and sustains us.
Our vision is our desired end-state for our local environment and communities. It guides every aspect of our work by describing what is required to sustain our quality of life.
Together, it’s our nature to conserve and our future to shape through the power of science, education, policy and leadership.
Our mission is our reason for being. It provides a path to achieve our shared vision.
Our values guide our actions. They represent who we are as people and as an organization. They factor into every decision made at every level. As our organization evolves, our values remain a constant source of inspiration and guidance.
- Leadership: We lead by example. We inspire and empower the community and our partners.
- Service: We are responsive and professional in our interactions with the public, our partners and among ourselves.
- Collaboration: We work together and with our volunteers, partners and the community to achieve shared goals.
- Accountability: We are accountable to taxpayers, our partners and donors. Above all, we are accountable to the environment.
- Integrity: We are consistent, honest, ethical and make decisions based on the best available science.
- Excellence: We continually learn and improve to be the best we can be.
- Innovation: We encourage new and creative technologies and approaches.
- Holistic Thinking: We see the big picture and recognize the interconnectedness of elements that form larger systems.
- Inclusiveness: We value the diverse perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles and cultures that together inform the work we do.
- Spirit: We help each other, give back to the community and celebrate achievements.
We are thoughtful and principled stewards of Credit Valley Conservation’s publicly held land and water and partners in the stewardship of our entire watershed.
We are accountable to the residents of the Credit River Watershed, conservation area visitors, donors, our partners and, above all, the environment.
We are committed to partnering with Indigenous nations, communities and peoples to advance reconciliation though our work and practices.
We provide our customers, clients, partners and visitors with customer-focused programs and services that protect people and communities and connect people with nature.
We support, engage and develop our people, fostering a culture of inclusiveness, health and safety, well-being, excellence, and leadership.
Our Commitment to Customer Service
We’re dedicated to providing a high-quality customer experience in all our programs and services. We work together to meet the planning, recreation, education and conservation needs of the communities we serve.
Four pillars of customer service:
Read our Customer Service Charter
The majority of CVC’s funding comes from our member municipalities. Councillors from these municipalities are appointed to CVC’s Board of Directors with representation based on population. Other funds come from donors and grants.
More About Us
- Contact Us
- Our Board of Directors
- Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
- Engaging Indigenous Peoples
- Our Projects
- CVC Foundation
Frequently Asked Questions
We are committed to answering your questions. View our Frequently Asked Questions.