Protecting People and Property
We issue permits to residents in regulated areas to protect people and property from flooding and hazards.
We can help you understand if your property is subject to our regulation, and how this affects your project.
Before You Build
View our online regulation mapping tool, and determine if your property is regulated.
If your property is located within a CVC regulated area, you may require a permit to do work on your property. Projects subject to permitting include:
- Construction of a house/building
- Construction of an addition
- Construction of a shed
- Construction of a deck
- Site grading
- Major landscaping (including fill placement)
- Lake Ontario shoreline protection works
- Alteration to a watercourse
- Interference with a wetland
Property Information Requests
Want to know more about your property? Are you interested in purchasing a property?
You can request property information from CVC to verify if:
- The site is regulated
- What natural and hazard features exist on the property.