Create a Home for Pollinators and Birds
Convert open areas to native prairie or meadow to add beauty and invite native wildlife to your property. We will work with you to develop and implement a restoration plan tailored to your property.
Native Grassland and Meadow Restoration Services
- Free site visit to provide recommendations on the following:
- Assess suitability of site for a grassland or meadow
- Potential native seed mixes based on landowner interests
- Benefits of grassland or meadow restoration to wildlife
- Identification and management of non-native and/or invasive species
- Fee for service includes:
- Customized planting plan for your property
- Site preparation including mowing, herbicide application and tilling.
- Planting of native grassland seed
- Post planting site maintenance on an as needed basis
- Site monitoring post creation
- We can connect you with other restoration services to enhance the natural features of your property including tree and shrub planting, habitat structure installations, invasive species management, forest management, and wetland, stream and pond management.
- Bundle fee for services with other CVC restoration programs, such as habitat structures to get the most out of your property.
- A minimum of 2 hectares (5 acres) of planting area
- Commitment to maintain the grassland for 10 years
- Property in the Credit River Watershed. Check your eligibility.
- The cost of our services is determined following our site visit and based on the size of your property and scope of work.
- Learn if you qualify for funding. Connect with us to discuss your grassland restoration project
- Available subsidies and grants are based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All program fees and costs are payable prior to installation of plant materials.
- All prices and product availability are subject to change without notice.
- All planting through the Planting Service must be carried out in accordance with an approved plan as developed between the landowner and CVC staff.
- Landowners are responsible for identifying the location of all property lines, easements, and underground utilities before the time of planting.
Direct Sale: Native Grasses and Wildflower
Order native grasses and wildflowers directly from CVC’s nursery.
- Native grasses and flowering plants in 10 centimetre pots
- Free technical assistance
- How-to instructions to plan your own project
You must pick up your order at Warwick Conservation Area on July 23, 2022 from 8 – 11 a.m.
- Property area at least 0.4 hectare (1 acre) of land
- Minimum order of 10 plants
- Property in the Credit River Watershed. Check your eligibility
- Grasses and wildflowers cost $4.00 a unit.
- Prices are subject to change based on availability.
- Learn if you qualify for funding. Connect with us to discuss your native grassland or meadow restoration project.
- You must pick up your order at Warwick Conservation Area.
- Pickup dates are pre-determined. Summer pickup is scheduled for July 23, 2022 from 8 – 11 a.m.
- Planting stock can be delivered to your property if you’re using another of our restoration services near the time of our pre-determined pick up date (July 23rd, 2022)
Green Your Property News
Welcome Spring! March 20 is the first day of spring. We’re certainly not wishing the wonderful season of …
Your furry countryside neighbours If you’ve been hearing an increase in barks, yips and howls, you’re likely not …
Climate Change and Gardens Winter may not be everyone’s favourite season, but snow cover and prolonged below zero …
Request a Free Consultation
Let’s talk about caring for your property. Connect with a stewardship coordinator to get started.