A Gateway to Nature
Connect with nature on the 47-kilometre trail that travels from the Town of Fergus to the Village of Cataract. Thirteen kilometres weave through CVC lands from Hillsburgh to Cataract.
Formerly a CP rail corridor, the trail is now a gateway to nature. With a three-metre-wide stone-screened surface, it’s perfect for cyclists, strollers and wheelchairs.
This trailway was formed through a partnership between CVC, Grand River Conservation Authority and the Elora Cataract Trailway Association.
COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines
- Practice physical distancing by staying two metres (six feet) apart.
- Wear a mask where physical distancing is a challenge. A mandatory face covering is required for admittance to buildings in accordance with the local public health unit.
- Adhere to provincial social gathering guidelines.
- Keep your dog on leash and at least two metres (six feet) away from other dogs and people.
- Respect the instructions provided by our dedicated staff.
- Consider bringing your own hand sanitizer as there are limited hand-washing facilities available.
- Respect all signage, facility closures and no parking areas. Illegal parking subject to fines and towing.
- Read all park rules.
- Check park advisories before leaving home for the latest updates at each park.
- For parks that require admission fees, use online payment for contactless entry. Debit and credit card purchases are available with tap. Use cash only when you don’t have another option.
- Visitor and parking capacity limits are in effect to ensure physical distancing. Be prepared to turn back if a property is full.
- Limit your stay. Leave time for others to visit while reducing the number of people onsite at one time.
- Be patient and prepare for extended wait times while we process you safely.
- Obey all in-park directional signage.
- Yield to oncoming traffic on bridges and boardwalks.
- Read all trail etiquette guidelines.
|Trail Name||Length||Difficulty||Stroller Friendly|
Credit Valley Conservation owns 13 kilometres of the 47-kilometre Elora Cataract Trailway, from just west of Hillsburgh to the village of Cataract. This all-season trail is ideal for cross-country skiing, horseback riding, hiking and cycling. Please note, some sections of the trail have limited recreational uses.