Hungry Hollow Tree Planting
October 14 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join CVC and Trees for Halton Hills to help make the Hungry Hollow SNAP neighbourhood more sustainable and ready for a changing climate. This event is part of the Hungry Hollow Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
Together, we will plant native trees and shrubs in the Hungry Hollow Ravine. Trees help fight climate change by storing carbon dioxide and providing natural cooling on hot summer days. They also create habitat for local wildlife and add beauty to your community.
Map of the event location. Meet us at the end of Metcalfe Court. Parking is available along Metcalfe Court.
What to Wear and Bring
- For your own safety, wear a hat, long pants, long socks (to tuck your pants into) and closed-toed shoes.
- This is a rain-or-shine event. Please dress for the weather.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle (we have water to refill from).
- Sunscreen and bug spray.
- Registration is recommended. Register for this event by Friday, October 13.
- Washroom amenities will not be available.
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver.
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver.
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media.