Cooksville Neighbourhood Walk and Talk Tour
October 14 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Credit Valley Conservation (CVC), City of Mississauga and special guests for a morning walk along Cooksville Creek and the nearby neighbourhood.
Residents and community members like you who live, work, and play in these areas and areas like them are invited to share your ideas about what you love and what you’d like to see change in this neighbourhood along this walk.
This event is part of the Cooksville Creek Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
- Explore local natural areas, green spaces and neighbourhood areas on a guided walk.
- Enjoy informative talks by CVC staff and guests along the walk about Cooksville Creek, surrounding natural heritage and the urban forest.
- Walk and talk with staff and your neighbors while sharing what you love about these spaces and what you’d like to see change or improve about them.
- Learn about the new project called Cooksvile Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP). Be involved in the opportunity to also share and discuss your concerns, needs and vision for the Cooksvile neighbourhood.
Giveaways and Event Draws
- Each participating household will receive a $10 Presto gift card to take home, while supplies last.
- Event attendees can enter a draw to win prizes including $50 gift cards to Food Basics, FreshCo., Presto and Tim Horton’s.
- Visit our contest rules to learn more.
- Click here to see a Map of the event location, please pay attention to road signs.
- The walk will begin and end at Frayne Court entrance of Cooksville Park.
- Refreshments including a light lunch and cold drinks will be served at the end of the walk. Please bring your own reusable mug and/or food container.
- Participants will be encouraged but are not expected to speak on the walk. There will be an option to provide comments in writing on paper forms.
- The walk will take place on paved pathways and sidewalks. Some surfaces may be uneven and grassy.
- Please wear a comfortable pair of walking shoes and weather-appropriate attire and bring a water bottle.
- Please consider walking, wheeling or taking public transit to this event.
- Washrooms may not be available.
- If unaccompanied by an adult, participants under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Participants over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver.
- This event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled to Sunday, October 15 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media.