Island Lake Conservation Area
Visitor and parking capacity limits in effect to ensure physical distancing. Illegal parking subject to fines and towing.
- Practice physical distancing by staying two metres (six feet) apart
- Stay on trails, stepping off only to allow others to pass
- Yield to oncoming trail users when crossing bridges and boardwalks
- Do not gather or arrange to meet family, friends or other groups
- Visitors must limit group sizes to no more than 5 people from the same household in accordance with provincial restrictions.
- Keep pets on leash and clean up after them
- Do not litter
- Take all trash with you when leaving the property
- Be mindful of wildlife and plant-life
- Do not trespass on private property next to CVC trails
- Respect the instructions provided by our dedicated staff
- Washrooms remain closed. Plan your trip accordingly and bring your own hand sanitizer as there are no hand-washing facilities available.
- No water access, including personal watercrafts
CVC is asking visitors to select the property closest to them in order to limit unnecessary travel. Staff will be limiting the number of visitors at each property to ensure safe physical distancing. Visitors are asked to limit their stay to one hour or less to ensure everyone can enjoy an experience in nature. Visitors should be prepared to turn back if a property is full.
673067 Hurontario Street South, Orangeville L9W 2Y9
(we expect a high volume of calls, please leave a message if necessary)
Toll-free for reservations and general inquiries: 1-800-367-0890
Park and Trail Access
subject to change, conditions permitting
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily
(continued access is dependent on responsible park visitation and physical distancing practices)
No access or parking at 4th Avenue in Orangeville until further notice.
Home Hardware parking lot closed for 2020. Vehicles will be towed.
General Admission Fees*
Admission fees waived until May 31, 2020
- Limited parking
- Accessible parking available
- Washrooms and buildings – CLOSED
- Boat launch and water access – CLOSED
- this includes no personal watercrafts
- Watercraft storage area – CLOSED
- Equipment rentals – CLOSED
- Group bookings – CLOSED
- Picnic tables – NOT AVAILABLE
- Dog walking (leashed dogs only please)
- Bird watching
- Shore fishing – voluntary harvest limits apply
- Accessible fishing piers – limited access based on group size
Baitfish is currently not permitted. Worms, where Ontario Fishing Regulations allow, will continue to be allowed as bait in CVC conservation areas, such as Island Lake. CVC doesn’t allow harvesting of baitfish, frogs, leeches or crayfish in its parks.
A valid fishing licence is required for anyone between the ages of 18-64. More information on fishing is available at www.ontario.ca/fishing