Island Lake Conservation Area
Visitor and parking capacity limits in effect to ensure physical distancing. Illegal parking subject to fines and towing.
Visitors must follow these guidelines or use at your own risk:
- Practice physical distancing by staying two metres (six feet) apart
- Stay on trails, stepping off only to allow others to pass
- Yield to oncoming trail users when crossing bridges and boardwalks
- Do not gather or arrange to meet family, friends or other groups
- Visitors must limit group sizes to no more than 10 people from your COVID-19 social circle
- Visitors in groups larger than 10 people must maintain physical distancing of at least two metres apart
- Keep pets on leash and clean up after them
- Do not litter
- Take all trash with you when leaving the property
- Be mindful of wildlife and plant-life
- Do not trespass on private property next to CVC trails
- Respect the instructions provided by our dedicated staff
- Bring your own hand sanitizer as there are limited hand-washing facilities available.
CVC is asking visitors to select the property closest to them to limit unnecessary travel. Staff will be limiting the number of visitors at each property to ensure safe physical distancing. Visitors are asked to limit their stay to ensure everyone can enjoy an experience in nature. Visitors should be prepared to turn back if a property is full.
673067 Hurontario Street South, Orangeville L9W 2Y9
(we are experiencing a high volume of calls, please leave a message if necessary)
Credit Valley Parks Visitor Services
Toll-free: 1-800-367-0890, Local: 519-941-6329
Hours of Operation
subject to change, conditions permitting
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily
(continued access is dependent on responsible park visitation and physical distancing practices. Park gates may be closed at any time of day if park capacity is reached.)
Pedestrian access only at 4th Avenue in Orangeville.
Home Hardware parking lot is closed to ILCA visitors indefinitely. No parking available at this location. Vehicles will be towed. Visit cvc.ca/vblt for additional parking options.
General Admission Fees*
Children (6-14): $2.65
Senior (60 and over): $4.43
Maximum charge per vehicle of up to 6 people from the same household: $23.90
This park does not require a reservation, access is granted on a first come, first served basis. CVC is offering an online ticket service as a method of contactless payment only.
* prices subject to HST
- Limited parking
- Accessible parking available
- Washrooms– OPEN with limitations
- Boat launch and water access – OPEN
- $8.00 plus HST per launch
- Watercraft storage area – OPEN
- Kayak and canoe rentals – AVAILABLE
- $20/ hr, $50/ day ($200 deposit required). No reservations. Limited quantities available.
- Paddleboard rentals – AVAILABLE
- $10/ hr, $40/ day ($200 deposit required). No reservations. Limited quantities available.
- Fishing rod rentals – AVAILABLE
- Free rentals through Tackle Share program ($20 deposit required). No reservations. Limited quantities available.
- Electric boat and fat tire bikes – NOT AVAILABLE for the 2020 season
- Group bookings – CLOSED
- Picnic tables – NOT AVAILABLE
- Worm sales and concessions – OPEN
- No minnows available
** A mandatory face covering is required for admittance to buildings in accordance with the local public health unit.
- Dog walking (leashed dogs only)
- Bird watching
- Shore fishing – voluntary harvest limits apply
- Accessible fishing piers– limited access based on group size
- Boating – no gasoline motors
- Canoe/ kayak
- Boat launch & dock
- Trails – OPEN
Baitfish is currently not permitted. Worms, where Ontario Fishing Regulations allow, will continue to be allowed as bait in CVC conservation areas, such as Island Lake. CVC doesn’t allow harvesting of baitfish, frogs, leeches or crayfish in its parks.
A valid fishing licence is required for anyone between the ages of 18-64. More information on fishing is available at www.ontario.ca/fishing