Stay up-to-date with the Latest Park Advisories
We provide regular updates about park conditions. Review this page before your visit for the latest updates. For more information, review our visitor rules.
Please follow our COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines.
Open during operating hours
Sales and Rentals
- Rentals and reservations for ice fishing rods and snowshoes are now available.
- Heated hut rentals will not be available for the 2022 winter season.
- Park Store is open for equipment rentals, minnows, tackle, snacks and ice auguring services.
- Rental equipment reservations are now open. No walk-in rentals are permitted at this time. Reservations include:
- Ice is 11″ average thickness with significant snow cover.
- Ice can be accessed from two locations in parking lot P1 and beside the Amphitheatre near parking lot P3 as noted with a yellow star on the map below. No access to the ice is permitted elsewhere as shorelines have variable conditions.
- Please stay off ice marked in red on the map below.
- Public skating is open, 10 person capacity per rink. Check with staff at the gatehouse for available rinks.
- The ice skating trail is being prepared and is not yet available.
- Registration for the Island Lake Ice Fishing Derby is available online at www.islandlakederby.ca or in-person at the Park Store. The Ice Fishing Derby is from February 12-21.
- The natural playground will be closed on January 27 to prepare the ice skating trail.
- Only pedestrian access is available at 4thAvenue in Orangeville to the Lakeside Trail. The Home Hardware parking lot is closed indefinitely for trail users. Vehicles will be towed.
Last updated on Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Trails are snow covered and semi packed from use; appropriate winter footwear is required.