Stay up-to-date with the Latest Park Advisories
We provide regular updates about park conditions. Review this page before your visit for the latest updates. For more information, review our visitor rules.
Open during operating hours
- Island Lake Conservation Area is open during daylight hours. An admission fee is required for entry, please purchase admission online here.
- Equipment rentals and the rental shop are closed for the remainder of 2022.
- Lake use is not permitted for the remainder of 2022. Shore fishing is no longer available due to skim ice.
- The accessible waterfront washroom is open.
- Only pedestrian access is available at 4thAvenue in Orangeville to the Lakeside Trail. The Home Hardware parking lot is closed indefinitely for trail users. Vehicles will be towed.
Visitor Services Hours
- Our visitor services team is available at 1-800-367-0890 from 8am-3:00pm Monday-Friday.
Last updated on Thursday, December 8, 2022
- Cold weather is resulting in unsafe ice on the lake. Fishing is no longer available.
- STAY OFF UNSAFE ICE.
- Ice fishing will begin in January once safe ice condition exist. Check back for updates.