Sierra Club Community Tree Planting
October 1 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Come Plant Trees
Join us as we plant native trees and shrubs in Hickory Wood Park. Trees help fight climate change by storing carbon dioxide and providing natural cooling on hot summer days. They also create habitat for local wildlife and add beauty to your community.
Students can earn volunteer hours!
- For your own safety, please dress for the weather, wear long pants, socks, and closed-toed shoes.
- Tuck your pants into your socks, and shirt into your pants for protection against insects
- Bring your own reusable water bottle (we have water to refill from)
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Registration is Recommended. Register for this event by Sept 29
- Click here to see a map of the event location
- Washroom amenities may be available
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Guidelines
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. See all protocols and guidelines.
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to COVID-19 and related public health restrictions or due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media. We will update registrants if the status of this event changes or is cancelled.