Fred Kline Park Butterflies and Friends Walk
June 22 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Connect with your Community
Meet your neighbours and celebrate National Pollinator Week by exploring the wonderful world of pollinators in your neighbourhood! CVC expert Melissa Creasey will guide you along the walk and help you discover why pollinators like bees and butterflies depend on trees, flowers and community care to thrive.
This family-friendly event will explore what you can do to keep pollinators safe, and how initiatives like the Fletchers Creek SNAP Butterflyway and Brampton’s Don’t Mow, Let It Grow program are making space for biodiversity.
Binoculars will be available to borrow to look at pollinators up close! Each household will receive a free University of Guelph Arboretum biodiversity identification sheet, appropriate for all ages and filled with colourful images, while supplies last.
This event is part of the Fletchers Creek Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
About Melissa Creasey
With a Master of Science, Melissa Creasey has researched songbird ecology and conservation in both Newfoundland and Ontario. As the Coordinator for Sustainable Home Landscapes at Credit Valley Conservation, Melissa works with homeowners, businesses and institutions to promote sustainable landscaping on their properties. Melissa connects people with the plants and animals found in their backyards, while helping them to create healthy, climate-resilient landscapes.
- Light refreshments will be served. Please bring your own reusable mug and a reusable container
- The walk will take place on paved pathways and sidewalks. Some surfaces may be uneven and grassy
- Please dress for the weather, bring a water bottle, and wear sturdy closed-toe shoes
- Washrooms may not be available
- In the event of cancellation due to severe weather, the event will be postponed to Thursday, June 29 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media.