Food and Gardening: An Evening of Celebration
October 24 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Have you ever wanted to start or join a community food garden? Do you enjoy growing or want to grow food?
Join CVC, Ecosource and the City of Brampton for a family-friendly evening to share your stories, learn about the latest community and backyard food gardening programs and get inspired to start your own food-growing projects.
What to Expect:
- Mingle and enjoy a light dinner with your fellow community members
- Learn about local community and backyard food gardening programs
- Take part in an interactive microgreens and sprouts workshop led by Ecosource
- Bring your questions and stories for a panel discussion on starting your own community and home food gardening projects
Each participating household will receive a free kit to grow sprouts at home, perfect for small indoor spaces.
Consider walking, wheeling or taking public transit to this event.
Ecosource is an innovative Ontario-based organization that inspires the community to become more environmentally responsible through creative public education. Ecosource is part of a national network of community food organizations dedicated to ending food insecurity.
- Light dinner will be served. Please bring your own reusable container to help us reduce waste and take refreshments home with you.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible.
- If unaccompanied by an adult, participants under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver.
- Participants over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver.
This event is part of the Fletchers Creek Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver.
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver.
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media.