Chris Gibson Park Tree Planting
October 28 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join us as we help make the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood more sustainable and ready for a changing climate. Together we will plant trees at Chris Gibson Park.
Trees help fight climate change by storing carbon dioxide and providing natural cooling on hot summer days. This event is part of the Fletchers Creek Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
What to Wear and Bring
- For your own safety, wear a hat, long pants, long socks (to tuck your pants into) and closed-toed shoes.
- This is a rain-or-shine event. Please dress for the weather.
- Your own reusable water bottle (we have water to refill from).
- Sunscreen and bug spray.
- Registration is recommended. Register for this event by Friday, October 27
- Washroom amenities will not be available
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media.