- This event has passed.
Chris Gibson Park Invasive Species Pull and Clean-up – CANCELLED
July 27 @ 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
This event is cancelled due to weather.
Join us to help make the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood more sustainable and ready for a changing climate. Together we will remove invasive species that are impacting the survival of native plants and animals. Participants will also help collect litter to create a healthier, cleaner park. Litter pickers, garbage bags, and gloves will be provided. This event is part of Fletchers Creek Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
Meet in the parking lot to Chris Gibson Recreation Centre and follow the signs to our registration tent. Parking is available in the Recreation Centre parking lot.
What to Bring and Wear
- Bring your own reusable water bottle (we have water to refill from)
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- For your own safety, please dress for the weather wear long pants, socks, and closed-toed shoes and a hat
- Map of the event location
- Registration is recommended. Register for this event by July 26
- Washroom amenities may not be available
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media.