- This event has passed.
July 22 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Participate in a Butterfly Count
Join us at CVC’s annual one-day butterfly count in support of Butterfly Blitz, a citizen science program creating a watershed-wide inventory of butterflies. During this event we will identify and count all the butterfly species found at Warwick Conservation Centre. The data we collect is part of an official butterfly census and will be submitted to the North American Butterfly Association for publication in their annual report.
For your own safety, please dress for the weather, wear long pants, socks and closed-toed shoes.
Participants must arrive on time to take part but are able to leave throughout the day and are not required to stay the full 4 hours.
What to Bring
- Your own refillable water bottle (we can provide water)
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- A hat
- Cell phone
- Butterfly net and field guide, if you have one
- Registration is recommended
- Washroom amenities are available onsite
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media.