Thank you for your interest in the Frontline program. Please note, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions, Credit Valley Conservation has modified the 2020-2021 program. We plan to host workshops in a digital format for the foreseeable future to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Frontline is a volunteer environmental leadership program for high school students that operates from September to May, with workshops occurring approximately once a month on Saturdays. Each year, the program focuses on a different local environmental theme to build leadership skills.
Participants are expected to become environmental leaders by taking action and completing outreach to their peers. Each year, a presentation is created that participants deliver to their peers/community. Participants are eligible for an EcoAmbassador Award based on their commitment to the program and outreach actions.
Frontline members dedicate approximately 3-4 hours per month to:
- Attending workshops
- Acting as a leader in their school and community (presenting to peers)
- Taking action
Benefits of participation:
- Earn volunteer hours
- Secure an Eco-Ambassador Award
- Build your resume
- Network with students from across the Credit River watershed
- Connect with environmental professionals
- We offer events approximately once per month from September to May
- Events are held
at our Head Office (1255 Old Derry Rd.), or an alternate location.digitally through Microsoft Teams platform during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Participants are responsible to get themselves to CVC Head Office, or to the event location
- Participants are eligible for volunteer hours reflecting the hours contributed to events attended and outreach completed
- Participants are eligible for an EcoAmbassador Award based on the hours and outreach contributed to the program
Participants must be:
- At least 14 years of age and attending secondary school
- A resident of the Credit River Watershed
- Able to get themselves to/from CVC Head Office for meetings
How to Apply:
Want to join Frontline? It’s easy. Just click on the link below and fill out our registration form!
If you have any questions about the program, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org