- This event has passed.
Fred Kline Park Youth Tree Planting and Clean-up
May 6 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join CVC and the Community Climate Council as we to help make the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood more sustainable and ready for a changing climate. Together we will plant trees and pick up Litter in Fred Kline Park. Trees help fight climate change by storing carbon dioxide and providing natural cooling on hot summer days. Participants will also help collect litter to create a healthier, cleaner park. Litter pickers, garbage bags and gloves will be provided. This will be a great opportunity to meet and connect with your neighbours, City Staff and local youth leaders as we collectively work together to build a more resilient neighbourhood!
Enjoy a barbeque hosted by City of Brampton Staff as part of Brampton’s Community Clean-ups Program. This event is part of the Fletchers Creek Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
Map of the event location - Meet at the Fred Kline Park parking lot and follow signs to our Registration Tent.
What to Wear and Bring
- For your own safety, please dress for the weather wear long pants, socks, and closed-toed shoes
- Bring your own reusable water bottle (we have water to refill from)
- Sunscreen, bug spray and a hat
- Registration is recommended. Register for this event by Thursday, May 4
- Washroom amenities may not be available
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media.
This event is in support of the Community Climate Council.