Ken Whillans Resource Management Area
Visitor and parking capacity limits in effect to ensure physical distancing. Illegal parking subject to fines and towing.
Visitors must follow these guidelines or use at your own risk:
- Visitors are encouraged to limit their group sizes to the members of their immediate household.
- 5 people maximum per group
- If you cannot keep two metres (six feet apart) from other visitors you must wear a mask
- A mask is recommended outdoors when you can’t keep two metres (six feet apart) from other visitors
- Practice physical distancing by staying two metres (six feet) apart
- Stay on trails, stepping off only to allow others to pass
- Yield to oncoming trail users when crossing bridges and boardwalks
- Do not gather or arrange to meet family, friends or other groups
- Keep pets on leash and clean up after them
- Do not litter
- Take all trash with you when leaving the property
- Be mindful of wildlife and plant-life
- Do not trespass on private property next to CVC trails
- Respect the instructions provided by our dedicated staff
- Bring your own hand sanitizer as there are limited hand-washing facilities available.
Stay local! We’re asking everyone to do their part to minimize the risk to yourself and others by following all public health advice and only engaging in outdoor activities close to where you live. Staff will be limiting the number of visitors at each property to ensure safe physical distancing. Visitors are asked to limit their stay to ensure everyone can enjoy an experience in nature. Visitors should be prepared to turn back if a property is full. Illegal parking is subject to fines and towing.
16026 Hurontario Street, Caledon L7C 2C5 (West side of Highway 10, two km north of Olde Base Line Road)
Contact us between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Credit Valley Parks Visitor Services
Hours of Operation
subject to change, conditions permitting
(continued access is dependent of responsible park visitation and physical distancing practices. Park gates may be closed at any time of day if park capacity is reached.)
Winter (November 15 – April 22)
CLOSED – no entry permitted.
Summer (May 9 – Aug 16)
Seven days a week – 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Late Summer (Aug 17 – Sep 7)
Seven days a week – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Fall (Sep 8 – Oct 25)
Mon to Fri – daylight hours only
Sat, Sun, holidays – 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Late Fall (Oct 26 – Nov 14)
Mon to Fri – daylight hours only
Sat, Sun, holidays – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees*
Children (6-14): $2.65
Senior (60 and over): $4.43
Maximum charge per vehicle of up to 6 people from the same household: $23.90
* prices subject to HST
This park does not require a reservation, however pre-purchase of tickets is required online or by phone for entry Monday to Friday. Park admissions fees can also be paid upon arrival at the park on weekends only. Access is granted on a first come, first served basis.
- Limited parking
- Accessible parking available
- Washrooms – CLOSED
- Water access – CLOSED
- Picnic tables – NOT AVAILABLE
- Worm sales and concessions – CLOSED
- Trails – OPEN
- Dog walking (leashed dogs only)
- Bird watching
- Parking & access to the Caledon Trailway
- Cycling on the Caledon Trailway
- Shore fishing – voluntary harvest limits apply
- Fishing piers – limited access based on group size
Worms, where Ontario Fishing Regulations allow, will continue to be allowed as bait in CVC conservation areas, such as Ken Whillans Resource Management Area. CVC doesn’t allow harvesting of baitfish, frogs, leeches or crayfish in its conservation areas.
A valid Ontario Fishing licence is required for anyone between the ages of 18-64. More information on fishing is available at www.ontario.ca/fishing