We monitor the conditions on the ice surface to provide a fun and safe outdoor skating experience. Benches are placed at the edge of skating surfaces to put on your skates. Things to remember about outdoor natural skating rinks:
- skating may not always be available
- ice surface changes with the weather and snow conditions
- snow build up creates slushy areas and make it impossible to clear until colder weather arrives
- ice surface can be uneven and bumpy
- always call ahead for ice conditions
Island Lake Conservation Area
The large bodies of water at Island Lake provide ample opportunity for skating when the conditions are right.
Over 1 km of ice is cleared on the main lake, allowing you skate along a trail, instead of circles.
For a quick skate or a good game of pond hockey! The pond is cleared in a circular rink, this area is sunken and surrounded by trees providing a great windbreak.
Terra Cotta Conservation Area
When Wolf Lake freezes over this area is perfect for skating! A large rink is cleared as well as a skating trail loop attached to take you further down the lake. Hockey nets are also located on the rink; however please respect the interest of all users.