Thursday, September 19, 2019 by Sandy
CONDITIONS AT A GLANCE
|FALL COLOURS CHANGE REPORT||
Island Lake CA 5% – foliage on the Lakeside and Sugarbush trails
Terra Cotta CA 5% – foliage in all parts of the park
Belfountain CA 5% – limited foliage in the park, except on the Trimble Trail
Ken Whillans RMA 5% – views of the foliage along the escarpment
Cheltenham Badlands 5% – foliage in all parts of the park
When colours are at their peak, there may be extended wait times and high volumes of people, so consider a weekday or early morning visit. Remember your admission receipt from one CVC park is valid for all CVC parks on the same day.
|Island Lake Conservation Area||
|~ Lakeside Trail at Island Lake||
|Terra Cotta Conservation Area||
|Belfountain Conservation Area||
|Ken Whillans Resource Management Area||
- GENERAL TRAIL USE:With more unpredictable weather it is common for trail or park closures due to high winds or severe or unsafe weather. If trail systems are marked as closed, please respect and obey all posted signs. For park updates and closures due to weather and trail conditions, CVC’s corporate website at www.cvc.ca will display a red headline box at the top of all pages. You may also check back here for park conditions.
- WHERE TO GET A FISHING LICENCE:
- Visit the following website to find your local fishing licence issuer to purchase licence on site. It is advised to call ahead to confirm that the location is still issuing licences:
- OR Visit the following website to purchase your fishing licence online:
- ROAD CONSTRUCTION NEAR TERRA COTTA: Please be aware that as of June 25, 2018, portions of Winston Churchill Blvd will be closed for construction and road rehabilitation. This project’s estimated completion is November 29 2019, during which time Winston Churchill will have intermittent closures beginning at Olde Base Line. If travelling from Belfountain: Travel south on Mississauga Rd, west on King and north on Winston Churchill. If travelling from Orangeville: Travel south on Hwy 10, west on King and north on Winston Churchill.
- BELFOUNTAIN CONSERVATION AREA PICNIC POLICY: Day camping is no longer permitted and all 10 available picnic tables now have a 30 minute maximum time limit to ensure that all visitors have access to resting areas if needed. No barbecues are permitted at Belfountain CA. When planning your 2019 outings visit Island Lake CA or Terra Cotta CA if you are interested in picnicking for periods longer than 30 minutes. If you would like to visit Belfountain, but have plans to picnic, remember you can use your receipt for free admission to any CVC parks the same day.