Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
As the receptionist at CVC’s main office your primary function is to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers, which include attending to visitors, handling inquiries and supplying general information regarding CVC. This role reports to the Program Manager, Facilities, Fleet and Asset Management and provides administrative support to CVC programs and projects.
Work Location: In person
- Secondary school completion or equivalent knowledge.
- Post secondary education in office or business administration an asset.
- 2 years related work experience.
- Reception experience on multi-line switchboard.
- Customer service-related experience.
- Highly skilled at greeting visitors and directing them to the right person or department.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with issues in a sensitive & professional manner.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative work environment with minimal supervision.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Strong customer service focus and professional attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook.
Summary of Major Tasks
- Provide customer service by responding to general inquiries and information requests in person and on the phone.
- Answer and direct phone calls as appropriate in a timely, polite manner.
- Greet visitors appropriately, determine visitors needs in a professional manner and direct visitors to the correct staff member.
- Maintain corporate staff lists with extensions, and contact information.
- Maintain the reception area in a clean, neat and organized manner.
- Accept deliveries and pay for custom charges.
- Take payments on our online Moneris system or pin pad for all Direct sale orders and landowner outreach programs thru Warwick or our Education department.
- Take permit payments for the Planning & Development department either in person or online ensuring accurate and confidential processing. Record payments in planning log and advise planners and regulations officers of payments made so they can release the permit.
- Support CVC uniform program administration, including but not limited to: maintaining a list of employees and uniform categories, manage online account creation requests, update balances as needed, liaise with the vendor and employee regarding orders as needed, order follow up and returns, support staff with questions about the uniform program by referencing the uniform policy and FAQs.
- Assist the CVC Foundation with fundraising and administrative help when required.
- Organize and distribute incoming mail, ensuring it is delivered to the correct department or staff. Region of Peel internal courier item, and other external couriers. This includes, sorting and distributing incoming mail, separating cheques from invoices, planning permit cheques and documentation from lawyers, builders, contractors, and courts.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining appropriate level of office supplies for the day-to-day operations of CVC.
- Evaluate special office supply requests from staff that fall outside of standard supplies and verify the appropriateness of the request before completing the purchases.
- Provide support to Director of Corporate Services
- Provide general administrative support for the corporate services department, such as the distribution of step increase eligibility reports, collection of Annual Conversation records, Training and Development tracking and other administrative support as required.
- Complete and submit Certificate of Insurance requests on behalf of Corporate Services Department to insurance company.
- Other duties as needed
Work Location: In Person