Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System - OMERS pension fund. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
The Associate of Marketing and Communications is responsible for building awareness of CVC and encourage environmental action from community members and partners by developing innovative engaging and informative digital content.
This position is responsible for contributing to and implementing CVC’s digital and social media strategies promoting CVC’s brand, programs and services, following social media policies and procedures, using digital platforms and creating blog content particularly, the feature blog “Conversations.”
- College diploma or Bachelor Degree in social/digital media, public relations, marketing or communications
- In addition to the minimum qualifications, training or experience in science communications, events management
- Two years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working for an environmental conservation organization
- Experience promoting environmental issues and literacy
- Experience with Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of Eventbrite/Survey Monkey/Mailchimp/Sprout Social digital services
- Strong creativity and keen attention to detail
- Strong research skills and the ability to apply marketing research techniques
- Strong communication skills and the ability to refine information into plain language
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills, including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to deal with issues in a sensitive, professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense of urgency, while maintaining a level head and a high level of quality
- Able to work in a collaborative work environment with a passion for sharing knowledge and ideas with others
- Some after hours or weekend work may be required.
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position.
Summary of Major Tasks
- Contribute to the development and implementation of CVC’s digital strategy to align with the overall corporate brand strategy and strategic plan.
- Coordinate digital content to be shared via CVC’s social media platforms, including posts of photos, sharing stories and the creation of reels.
- Visit on-site locations to capture content to share on social media.
- Capture photos, including editing and the development of short video/reels.
- Collaborate with team members in researching and developing copy and sourcing graphics to share as organic posts.
- Develop paid advertising campaigns across all Meta platforms.
- Analyze and interpret the results of social media organic and paid campaigns and adjust strategies based on ROI’s.
- Oversee CVC’s weekly blog Conversations, including managing the content schedule, source weekly content and confirm accuracy with subject matter specialists, write and edit content.
- 35 hours/week