Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
This position provides effective accounts receivable services for CVC. This position also provides general support to the Financial Services division including support & back-up for the accounts payable process, assisting with month-end closing and other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in finance or business administration
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working in finance administration
Summary of Major Tasks
- Generate and send out accounts receivable invoices
- Accurate data entry into accounting software for all accounts receivable-related transactions, including invoices, receipts and adjustments
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank; make deposits at the bank
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Coordinate with internal staff to collect on overdue accounts
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Primary backup for the accounts payable function, including the Petty cash function
- Manage the monthly Corporate VISA procedure including initial review and distribution of statements to collect appropriate approvals and supporting receipts, review account coding and subsequently routing statements to Accountant for entry into accounting software
- Reviewing check run batches for number sequencing, authorized backup, and ensuring that details on remittance advice section matches backup
Other Financial/Accounting Tasks
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal/Provincial Sales tax regulations
- Assist with month-end closing procedures as directed by Senior Manager
- Assist with fulfilling requests during the annual external audit
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position