Learn how to identify butterfly species in your backyard and neighborhood, and contribute important data to CVC’s butterfly monitoring program. Residents must complete training and register in the Butterfly Blitz program before participating in the butterfly survey.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Watch these training videos:
- How to Find and Identify Butterflies
- How to use iNaturalist and Insect Photography
- How to Conduct Timed Surveys
2. Join our iNaturalist project:
- Register for iNaturalist. Create a profile using your email address, Facebook account or Google account
- In iNaturalists, click on “Community”
- Select “Projects”, search “CVC Butterfly Blitz 2021”
- Click “Join”
3. Register for CVC’s Butterfly Blitz program with your iNaturalist username.
If you complete steps 1, 2 and 3 before July 14, you’ll receive an email invitation to register for the Saturday, July 24 butterfly survey in Hungry Hollow (10 a.m. to 12 p.m., starting at 271 Mountainview Rd. S, Georgetown)
Additional resources can be found on our Butterfly Blitz web page. Scroll down towards the bottom.