- This event has passed.
A Lake Ontario Evening on “Following Toronto and Region’s Largest Waterfront Projects from East to West”
March 23 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Lake Ontario's Shoreline is Transforming
The face of Toronto’s waterfront is transforming and providing huge benefits to visitors, residents, and the natural environment. Many large-scale projects are currently underway to upgrade infrastructure, control erosion, and reduce elevated nutrient levels. Not only do these undertakings increase the functionality of the waterfront, they also provide habitat for aquatic and terrestrial species, create recreational opportunities, and impart a more aesthetic and enjoyable user experience. Join us for this two-part Lake Ontario Evening as we highlight some of these large projects from East to West and showcase the incredible feats of engineering and design being implemented to help move Toronto closer to delisting as an Area of Concern.
This is Part Two of a two-part series. At this Lake Ontario Evening, we will discuss projects in the western side of the Toronto and Region Area of Concern. The eastern projects were discussed at the Lake Ontario Evening on Thursday, February 23, 2023. A recording of the eastern projects presentation can be found on the Toronto and Region Remedial Action Plan (RAP) website.
- Ken Dion (Project Director, Port Lands Integration, Waterfront Toronto)
- Ralph Toninger (Associate Director, Restoration and Resource Management, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority)
- Bryana McLaughlin (Coordinator, Restoration and Management, Credit Valley Conservation)
- Jet Taylor (Manager, Capital and Special Projects, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority)
This event is intended for a General Audience:
- Beginner level information
- Includes intermediate concepts
- Content intended for older youth and adults
- Note: This event is taking place via Zoom. After registration, you will be emailed a link to join the webinar.
TRCA is committed to creating an accessible experience for all participants. If you require an accessibility accommodation, please email [email protected] at least 7 days prior to the event.