Property Inquiries

Credit River aerial


How do CVC’s policies and regulations affect the property owner or potential buyer?
CVC regulates development and activities in or adjacent to river or stream valleys, the Lake Ontario shoreline, watercourses, hazardous lands and wetlands. If proposed works are located within a regulated area, the owner must apply for a Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses permit from CVC.

Can I meet with staff to discuss my proposal?
Staff will be pleased to meet with you. Please call our office and you will be directed to the appropriate staff member to assist you. Staff will review our mapping and advise you if your property is regulated by CVC and whether your proposal requires a Permit from this agency.

Other frequently asked questions.

Solicitor/Agent Compliance

When submitting a property information request to CVC, solicitors/agents must provide the following information:

Cover Letter: Specifying details of the request.
The administration fee for solicitor/agent property information requests is $325. This fee includes HST as of January 1st, 2019.
An accurate property survey or detailed map including property boundaries is required to ensure correct property identification.
The address, lot and concession OR lot and registered plan number.
Closing Date:
Please note that it takes a minimum of 4 weeks for staff to respond to property information requests. Requests are dealt with on a first come, first served basis.