Policies & Guidelines
CVC’s Watershed Planning and Regulation Policies
Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) is committed to clearly articulating the watershed planning and regulation policy framework and to working collaboratively with partners and stakeholders throughout CVC’s jurisdiction. CVC has in place approved, well understood, clear and defensible planning and regulation policies that are a critical foundation for protecting those areas that fall under the mandate of the CVC.
The purpose of the Watershed Planning and Regulation Policies is to provide CVC’s updated watershed planning and regulation policies. These policies provide the parameters against which CVC administers Ontario Regulation 160/06 under Section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act.
These policies also guide CVC’s review of official plans, zoning bylaws and planning applications under the Planning Act, including other legislation CVC may be requested or responsible to provide comment on such as the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, Ontario Environmental Assessment Act, Lakes and Rivers Improvement Act, Fisheries Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, Niagara Escarpment Planning and Development Act, Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, Places to Grow Act, and the Greenbelt Act.
The Watershed Planning and Regulation Policies Companion Document is to be read in conjunction with the Watershed Planning and Regulation Policies document for context. It provides a brief explanation of the approach taken by CVC in updating the policies, and provides the context and linkages between the process and the final policy document.
- CVC stormwater management pond planting guidelines
- Planning and Development Administrative Procedural Manual (2.89 MB)
- Watershed Planning & Regulation Policies (1.68 MB)
- Watershed Planning & Regulation Policies Companion Document (219 KB)
- Stormwater Management (SWM) Criteria document (5.5 MB)
To assist applicants in fulfilling technical requirements, CVC has developed a number of technical guidelines. The appropriate technical guidelines may be provided to applications to help clarify any study requirements and guide consultants, as appropriate. The available documents are listed below.
- Healthy Soils Guideline for the Natural Heritage System (1.33 MB)
- CVC Fish and Wildlife Crossing Guidelines (953 KB)
- Environmental Impact Study Terms of Reference (184 KB)
- Erosion & Sediment Contral Guideline for Urban Construction (6.14 MB)
- Evaluation, Classification and Management of Headwaters Drainage Features: Guidelines (728 KB)
- Fill Guideline Procedure (71 KB)
- Floodproofing Guidelines (1.18 MB)
- Golf Course Guidelines (87 KB)
- Pedestrian Bridge Crossings Guidelines (101 KB)
- Slope Stability Definition & Determination Guideline (219 KB)
- Plant Selection Guideline – Species List for Planting Plans within the Credit River Watershed – May 2015 v1.3 (329 kb)
- CVC Seed Mixes – August 2014
- Guideline for Debris Removal For Culvert Maintenance
- Fluvial Geomorphic Guidelines
- Standard Notes for Drawings Submitted for CVC Review