2021 Plan Review Fees
Application – Collected by Municipality
|Consents (Severances)||Minor – $725
Major – $3,100
|Site Plan (Residential)||$625|
|Site Plan (Commercial, Industrial, Institutional)||Minor – $1,550
Intermediate – $4,150
Major – $7,250
|Site Plan Multi-unit Building and Condominiums||Minor – $6,200
Intermediate – $12,425
Major – $31,050
Clearances – $2,075
|Site Plan Water Balance Review Only
(WHPA Q2 Area)
|Official Plan Amendment||Minor – $1,225
Intermediate – $3,100
Major – $6,200
|Zoning By-law Amendment||Minor – $1,035
Intermediate – $2,575
Major – $6,200
|Review of Repeat Submissions||Small Scale: 25% of current fee
Others: 50% of current fee
*Fees include HST
Application – Collected by CVC
|Subdivisions||$4,000 per net ha
50% at EIR or EMP submission**
25% at draft plan submission
25% at draft plan approval
|Clearances||Minor – $5,000
Major – $12,000
|Aggregate Operations||Minor – $6,200
Intermediate – $20,700
Major – $62,000
|Class EA review-Schedule A||N/A Permit Fee Only|
|Class EA review-Schedule B||$2,500 plus permit fee|
|Class EA review-Schedule C||$5,000 plus permit fee|
|Individual EA/Master Plan||$15,000|
*Fees include HST
**EIR refers to Environmental Implementation Report and EMP refers to Environmental Master Plan
- The application fee must be paid at the time of filing an application and/or within 30 days of CVC notification in writing. For outstanding payments, CVC may place the application on hold upon review until satisfactory arrangements are established.
- When processing and reviewing consolidated applications (ZBA/OPA applications), the highest rate of fees will apply.
- Separate fees will apply for the processing of CVC permit approvals, with the exception of Subdivision applications.
- CVC reserves the right to adjust fees should the review require a substantially greater or lower level of review including applicant-driven revisions to an approved plan/application.
- Fees related to review of repeat submissions (more than 3 submissions) will be determined by CVC depending on the number, completeness and quality of the repeat submissions.
- CVC reserves the right to reassess fee requirements after two years of receipt of the application, based on timing and receipt of required technical information.
- Minor: an application is determined to be “Minor” where no technical studies are required.
Minor for the purposes of administering clearance fees is a subdivision clearance of draft plan conditions that is administrative in nature with no technical studies (e.g. preparation of a letter after confirming that CVC is satisfied with the registration of the subdivision and review is limited to grading and sediment and erosion control plans, etc.).
- Intermediate: an application is determined to be “Intermediate” where, as an example, a scoped Environmental Impact Study (EIS) is required.
- Major: an application is determined to be “Major” where technical studies (e.g. EIS, stormwater management, geotechnical) are required.
Major for the purposes of administering clearance fees is a subdivision clearance of draft plan conditions prior to registration which requires significant work to review and clear conditions and requires the review of technical information (stormwater management ponds, natural heritage system design, etc.).