September 24, 2015 –Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) invites landowners to its Your Green Yard (YGY) workshops. Learn about gardening with beautiful native plants, how to maintain your gardens and grounds, how to implement innovative landscaping projects and much more.
Pre-registration is required to participate in the workshops
• Tues. Sept. 29
• 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• Chappell House, The Riverwood Conservancy, 4300 Riverwood Park Lane, Mississauga
• Learn how to choose beautiful native plants that are right for your yard. Attract birds and butterflies to your garden. Save energy and water. Learn about plant selection, garden design and maintenance.
Caring For Your Green Yard
• Sat. Oct. 17
• 10 to 11:30 a.m.
• The Riverwood Conservancy, MacEwan Field Station, 4300 Riverwood Park Lane, Mississauga
• Learn about an environmentally-friendly approach to maintaining your gardens and grounds this fall. Topics include: pruning young trees and shrubs, mulching and wrapping, caring for native plants and providing habitat for birds and pollinators.
• Activities will take place both indoors and outdoors (weather permitting) with hands-on demonstrations and a presentation including helpful tips, photos and resources.
• Thurs. Oct. 22
• 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• South Common Community Centre, Youth Room, 2233 South Millway, Mississauga
• Add beauty and interest to your yard with rain gardens, rain barrels and permeable paving.
• Learn how to implement these and other innovative landscaping projects at home.
“The Your Green Yard workshops are a great way for homeowners to learn about ecological landscaping,” said Mike Puddister, Deputy CAO and Director of Watershed Transformation at CVC. “We provide homeowners with the information they need to create beautiful and suitable landscapes.”
The workshops are presented by CVC ecological landscaping specialists and are free thanks to funding from CVC’s regional and municipal partners.
Register at www.creditvalleyca.ca/events. For more information call 905-670-1615 ext. 221.
About Your Green Yard (YGY)
Your Green Yard is a CVC program that helps homeowners green their yards and the city through ecological landscaping practices like gardening with native plants, environmental maintenance, green infrastructure and water conservation. You can take simple steps such as planting native trees, shrubs and wildflowers, or switching to a low-maintenance lawn. You can also try something more challenging such as installing permeable paving or a rain garden. Learn more at www.creditvalleyca.ca.
Conservation authorities are a provincial/municipal partnership. For 60 years, Credit Valley Conservation has worked with its partners to support a thriving environment that protects, connects and sustains us. Credit Valley Conservation gratefully acknowledges financial support from our member municipalities for facilities, programs and services: the Regions of Peel and Halton; the Cities of Mississauga and Brampton; the Towns of Caledon, Erin, Halton Hills, Mono, Oakville and Orangeville; and the Townships of Amaranth and East Garafraxa. CVC is a member of Conservation Ontario
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Credit Valley Conservation
905-670-1615 ext. 224