Low Impact Development Bus Tour
Full Day Course
This tour will feature visits to cutting-edge, in-the-ground LID sites in Mississauga, ON. Participants will see made-in-Ontario stormwater technologies installed in parking lots, public lands and road rights-of-way. This learning experience focuses on the construction, operations, maintenance and monitoring of real-world LID projects. Along the way, your tour leader will discuss the financial, social, aesthetic and environmental benefits of LID.
- Understand barriers and issues typically encountered during LID construction
- Distinguish how operating LID practices are different from conventional stormwater practices.
- Recognize the types of maintenance required to upkeep an LID site.
- Understand how monitoring equipment can be incorporated into a site design
- Gain knowledge of the types of monitoring equipment used to evaluate LID technologies
See our upcoming events list for currently scheduled courses. Courses can also be scheduled by request for groups with a minimum of 15 students. For more information contact:
Credit Valley Conservation
905-670-1615 ext. 247