The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a safety mask.
What CVC is doing:
- Mandatory pre-registration for all events and outdoor programs
- Registrants are required to acknowledge they have read all CVC waivers and forms
- Masks or face coverings are not required at outdoor events if staff and participants can maintain a minimum 2 metre (6 feet) distance between each other
- Onsite COVID-19 screening
- Event modifications to maintain physical distancing
- COVID-19 best practice signage
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Visual prompts to guide appropriate spacing
- Equipment will be provided. You can also bring your own
- Equipment and supplies will be disinfected before and after use
- The use of shared equipment is not permitted, if they cannot be easily cleaned before and after use
- Outdoor event capacity will be a maximum of 50 people or less, including staff, to maintain physical distancing
- Contact information will be collected to assist with contract tracing procedures
- Social distance units (i.e. bubble e.g. families, close friends, roommates) can participate together
Volunteer Events are perfect for individuals, families, and small groups!
Joining CVC at a volunteer event is a great way to get outdoors, have fun and help the environment.
Your Health & Safety is important to us! We will provide everything you need to successfully contribute to the project. This includes tools, equipment and instructions
- Acknowledge you have read all CVC waivers and forms
- Complete online self-screening when 24 hours before an event and when you first arrive at an event
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are under self-quarantine
- Practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices at CVC events
- Bring your own mask
- Bring your own work gloves
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Dress for the weather and wear long pants and closed-toe shoes or boots
Waivers Required for Participation:
To learn more about our upcoming volunteer events check out our Events Calendar.