Summary of Functions
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator and working closely with the Programming Assistant, Visitor Services, this position participates in the development and implementation of administrative duties and visitor services in person, online and by phone for Credit Valley Parks. You will be assisting in Visitor Services team management and daily operations, located out of the Island Lake CA and Terra Cotta CA gatehouses.
Anticipated Start and End Dates: December 13, 2021 – December 16, 2022 (35 hours/week)
Hourly Rate: $19.75 per hour
- Post-secondary training in Parks, Environmental or Customer Relations or other related programs or 2 years minimum related work experience;
- Demonstrated supervisor experience;
- Possess a valid Class “G2 or G” driver’s license in good standing is required. Successful candidate must provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Experience with customer service and customer conflict resolution;
- Strong mathematical aptitude;
- Cash handling and Point of Sale system experience;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and easily engage with the public and staff both verbally, in person and on the phone, as well as in written correspondence;
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions and be available to work all weekends and holidays;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows 10 and an aptitude for learning new programs.
- Knowledge of basic fishing equipment and species;
- Enthusiasm and experience in other outdoor activities;
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification.
Summary of Major Tasks
Perform the following tasks under direction:
- Assist in training, evaluating, motivating, and supervising seasonal staff;
- Assist in the assigning of daily and ongoing work tasks;
- Participate in promotion of conservation areas and other CVC related activities;
- Maintain accurate records and reporting;
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner and that all CVC health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of CVC-owned and operated office equipment;
- Answer a high volume of calls to reserve facilities and equipment, answer inquiries, respond to emergencies and provide guidance for visitors;
- Operate a point-of-sale system including online sales, bookings and payments, as well as handling cash and Interac card payments;
- Collect accurate data, including customer information and postal codes;
- Be knowledgeable about all CVC Conservation Areas and surrounding communities in order to inform visitors;
- Maintain a good relationship with Conservation Parks Members, community groups and partners;
- Work effectively alone and during non-daylight hours;
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position.