Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
This is an exciting opportunity for contributing to the protection and enhancement of the rural landscape through CVC’s Rural Residential Engagement program. Program staff conduct outreach activities that influence landowner behaviours to protect water sources, build the resilience of our natural systems to climate change and improve habitat for fish and wildlife.
This position provides technical and administrative support to the Rural Residential Engagement program; assists with targeted outreach activities such as the preparation of materials for direct mail campaigns; assists with the development of communication materials; assists with the coordination and delivery of webinars and other online communications content; conducts data entry, file and contact management, and other administrative tasks.
- Completion of a college/university diploma or degree program in environmental studies/science, ecology, geography or related field
- Work experience or knowledge and interest in conservation, environmental stewardship, communications and outreach
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to write about technical subjects for non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative and research skills
- Works well independently with good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and comfortable engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Physically able to do some manual lifting
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Knowledge of GIS
- Knowledge of photography and/or videography an asset
- Able to work some weekends and evenings
- A valid Class’ G’ Ontario driver’s license is required
Summary of Major Tasks
- Support targeted outreach activities by identifying potential projects through analysis of spatial data and database information
- Assists with development of online content such as landowner resources and how-to-videos
- Assists with planning of stewardship outreach workshops and webinars
- Conduct data entry, file and contact management, and other administrative duties as assigned
- Follow health and safety practices
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Ministry of Health as a condition of employment and must have satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.