Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
Assist staff in financial services for various functions such as budgeting, forecasting, insurance and procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/accounting preferred. Progress toward a professional designation (CPA) would be an asset
- 3-4 years of experience in a related position would be an asset
- Solid understanding of financial accounting concepts
- Analytical and detail-oriented, good problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced level of experience with MS Excel a must
Summary of Major Tasks
- Coordinate with various department heads and finance staff to collect, analyze and compile forecast/budget information
- Assist in preparing presentations for various stakeholders
- Assist in enhancing budgeting and forecasting processes
- Support the Finance team in producing meaningful data/analysis
- Knowledge of procurement processes (i.e. Purchase Orders) would be an asset
- Prepare and maintain management and operational reports
- Comfortable working with reports in different formats from various information systems to ensure data integrity
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under tight month-end timeframes as month-end volumes are high
- Ability to work independently when required but is a team player with a positive attitude that will work as part of a team to deliver quality results
- Working knowledge of SAGE accounting software would be an asset
- Knowledge of other MS suite of products like Word & PowerPoint
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Ministry of Health as a condition of employment and must have satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.