Senior Specialist, Security and Network Administrator (1 Permanent Position)
Anticipated Start Date: March 16th, 2020, Full-time
At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Senior Specialist, Security and Network Administrator (1 Permanent Position)
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
This position will integrate SaaS services and infrastructure security to deliver the highest of quality standards necessary for ensuring the integrity and security of CVC’s data. This role is also responsible for maintaining and configuring email services and Active Directory while ensuring the continuous performance of network systems.
- University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline and\or equivalent formal training, technical certification, or work experience
- Minimum 7 years of relevant progressive experience within a server datacenter
- Extensive experience using VMware/Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM)/Hyper-V infrastructure with server virtualization.
- PowerShell scripting experience automating deployment and repetitive administrative tasks
- Previous IIS 8.x experience with .NET 4.x applications including security certificates and authorization options
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Experience in integrating SaaS services and infrastructure security
- Significant experience with network infrastructure requirements for implementing server based and client server computing.
- Strong experience in failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuance.
- Hands on experience in process automation, best practice approach, technology efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Requires extensive knowledge of Windows Server OS.
- Must demonstrate strong experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining current Windows server products including Microsoft SQL, IIS, Windows Clustering, Network Load Balance, Net Environments, and ISA.
- Strong Linux experience including shell and Perl scripting for administration tasks.
- Excels at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of security including; practices, protocols, and techniques
- Good knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others
- Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment, tact, and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external contacts
- Able to present ideas and clearly articulate the concepts to senior management.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Display and execute logical and complex troubleshooting methods.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and successfully complete projects with conflicting deadlines and urgency.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Proven ability to be innovative and flexible, doing what is needed to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage tasks to completion.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener and work well with others.
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills.
- Ability to learn new content areas and skills quickly
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat, and Microsoft IIS
- Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture
- .Net Core and Docker Containers exposure
- Experience with SQL Query Development as it relates to spatial and non-spatial databases is an asset.
Summary of Major TasksSecurity Administration
- Analyze and evaluate current security protocols/procedures
- Develop security policies and processes to protect cloud environments across all risks categories
- Actively undertake security testing and monitoring
- Prepare for threats and develop appropriate response procedures
- Create and audit reports and automated alerts which identify possible new security risks, ensuring security program compliance and integrity
- Determine the severity of identified security risks and plan the appropriate remediation of those risks
- Complete customer requested information security questionnaires and threat risk assessments and develop library of responses
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and follow-through to closure a wide variety of technical software support and operating environment issues
- Oversees access by vendors/external consultants
- Design, implement and maintain Active Directory in an enterprise environment including Active Directory Federated Services, DNS and DHCP.
- Implement and maintain enterprise Anti-malware solutions (spyware/ antivirus)
- Manage Microsoft Exchange Office 365 environment, including Email, Skype for Business and other Office 365 applications Implement and maintain the Microsoft Azure Cloud services offerings.
- Manage computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Configures and maintains Windows File Services and Shares.
- Configures, maintains, troubleshoots, and resolves issues associated with Active Directory and Active Director Federated Services
- Configures, maintains, troubleshoots, and resolves issues associated with Print Server infrastructure
- Manages user accounts and other objects within the Windows Domain.
- Troubleshoots and resolves user authentication and security related issues.
- Escalates technical issues to other Information Technology staff and/or outside resources, when required.
- Monitors system utilization, gathers appropriate metrics, and make adjustments, when necessary and with the manager’s approval, to ensure optimal performance.
- Assists other Information Technology staff, to ensure that back-up systems are functioning properly, and protected from malware.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical issues involving security, server, and Active Directory performance.
- Automates processes through scripting, group policies, and utilities
Salary starting at: $79,971.06
Forward resume by February 25th, 2020 to:
Please quote "Senior Specialist, Security and Network Administrator (1 Permanent Position)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.