Manager, IT Infrastructure
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Manager, IT Infrastructure
Summary of Functions
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
The Manager, IT Infrastructure works directly with cross-functional staff and is responsible for the configuration and management of server technologies. This position is also responsible for working with other Information Technology staff on the implementation and management of a variety of enterprise technologies SAN (Storage Area Network), VMware Directory Services, enterprise Exchange email system, Disaster Recovery, CCTV and Security related systems. This position will include supervisory responsibilities.
- University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline and\or equivalent formal training, technical certification, or work experience
- Certification in PMBOK and ITIL is an asset
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a technology infrastructure environment
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supervising staff
- Experience in managing the successful implementation of major project initiatives in a variety of settings
- Expert working knowledge of networking systems (DNS, WINS, Active Directory), protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, VoIP, DSL, TCP/IP, 802.1x and fiber optics
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux, Microsoft Exchange, Blackberry, Microsoft Clustering, Microsoft IIS, VMWare, Foundry, EMC storage, and Avaya
- Experience with Virtualization platform (Preferred with Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization technology) along with System Centre technologies (SCCM, SCVMM); understanding in Microsoft Windows clustering
- Extensive experience with scripting (PowerShell) and other system admin tools
- Hands on experience in Networking, Good understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, fire wall rules, etc.)
- Experience with other IT technologies like Microsoft Exchange, MS SQL server,` SAN fabric and storage
- Experience with building automation software and CCTV
- Familiar with ITIL
- Proficiency in the configuration of telephone call routing
- Demonstrated attention to detail, practical problem-solving abilities, ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and foster partnerships with clients, technical team, and management in an audience-friendly manner
- Able to handle changing workloads, conflicting priorities, and concurrent activities
- Demonstrated analytical skills along with excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Exercise sound judgement and make decisions within scope of position
- A strong understanding of change management process with the ability to gain support and consensus for initiatives
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to prioritize data recovery and repair of system infrastructure above all other duties
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with strong negotiation skills.
- Able to work in a collaborative work environment with a passion for sharing knowledge and ideas with others
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Summary of Major TasksInformation Technology Management
- Ensure effective on-going operation of systems and applications through troubleshooting, scheduling/monitoring jobs, technology-related business processes.
- Participate in technology support teams consisting of an IT architect, Infrastructure system admins, development to ensure that IT systems deliver a reliable and highly available solution.
- Provide expert advice in the selection of new information technology products or services. Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the services and products.
- Provides senior level technical knowledge (workaround, root cause analysis, and permanent resolution) to resolve complex problems in the technical environment.
- Manage the setup of High Availability (HA), Back-up Recovery and Disaster Recovery (DR), testing and documentation.
- Installs, configures, tests, deploys and maintain infrastructure hardware, computer code and software.
- Assist in tuning and optimizing applications environment, monitor performance and implement security policies.
- Ensures documentation (buildbook/operation manual) is in place.
- Develop and maintain documentation including physical design, installation, configuration, backup, security, and operational procedures.
- Participates in projects to research, evaluate, test and implement technology infrastructure.
- Works with teams to provide input on new service delivery. Provides guidance and oversight for activities and priorities related to projects.
- Manage projects and allocates appropriate resources to meet the project requirements. These tasks include work plans and scheduling, project tracking, and reports.
- Manage the Requests for Proposals (RFPs) process ensuring the completion of projects, and management of consultants and contractors.
- Provides technical leadership, advice and guidance to staff on new or complex technical solutions or problems
- Coach and provide leadership to staff, directing work and reviewing performance on a regular basis.
- Supervise staff including hiring, assigning work, determining training and development needs, conducting annual reviews, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality, organization performance, continuous learning and innovation.
- Handle day-to-day requests/escalations from staff when required. Respond actively and positively to staff and ensure that they are providing accurate and timely guidance or advice to CVC staff and external partners.
- Facilitate team coordination, collaboration, development, and job satisfaction.
- Review and plan the training and development of staff technical skills and capabilities to address a wide and complex range of requirements.
- Provide input to the annual budget process on Infrastructure projects, equipment, and resources.
- Review expenditures, purchase orders and budgets.
- In consultation with Senior Manager, prepare business cases to support overall section budgets and funding proposals.
- Responsible for budget administration, which includes project allocation, monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
- Anticipated Start Date: March 19, 2018 (35 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $84,765
Forward resume by February 28, 2018 to:
Please quote "Manager, IT Infrastructure" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.