Customer Service Representative – Terra Cotta (1 Part-time Casual Position)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Customer Service Representative – Terra Cotta (1 Part-time Casual Position)
Summary of Functions
Reporting to the Superintendent, Conservation Parks, this position requires exceptional customer service and administration of Conservation Area program and operations to CVC’s Terra Cotta Conservation Area Visitors Centre for the summer program.
- Must possess a valid ‘G2’ or ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate will be required to provide a MTO Drivers Abstract. Experience driving All-Terrain Vehicles is an asset
- Ability to communicate with the public and staff both verbally and in written correspondence
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions and be available to work weekends and holidays
- Customer service experience is an asset
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under limited direction
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of CVC owned and operated equipment
- Perform administrative duties such as answering telephones, written correspondence and data collection
- Responsible for handling cash using a cash register with electronic payment and preparing detailed, accurate daily cash reports
- Provide visitors with detailed information about the Conservation Area and surrounding area from a recreational and educational perspective
- Merchandising and sales of products and rentals at the Visitors Center
- Carry out general, maintenance and facilities operations as directed
- Maintain a good working relationship with community groups and on site operators
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: June 24, 2018 to October 28, 2018 (14 to 21 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $14.14 per hour
Forward resume by March 4, 2018 to:
Please quote "Customer Service Representative – Terra Cotta (1 Part-time Casual Position)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.