Crew Member, Conservation Parks (Property Management) – Terra Cotta, Halton Hills
At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Crew Member, Conservation Parks (Property Management) – Terra Cotta, Halton Hills
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
To provide excellent customer service and implementation of the full property management program on CVC’s land for the summer season.
- Must possess a valid “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate must provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff
- Experience in operating and daily maintenance of equipment and machinery, e.g. riding mowers, lawnmowers, grass trimmers, hand tools, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Knowledge of power tools
- Standard first aid and CPR
- Knowledge of tree species
- Experience operating a vehicle with a trailer attached
- Chainsaw operators certificate or equivalent training
Summary of Major Tasks
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of CVC owned and operated equipment
- Carry out park maintenance and operations in Conservation Areas, which could include but not limited to heavy lifting, carpentry, plumbing, grounds maintenance, dam maintenance and trail maintenance
- Responsible for the assigned day to day operational duties in various Conservation Areas
- Conduct property liability inspections and complete inspection forms in a timely manner
- Assist in hazard tree removal
- Have the ability to work effectively alone
- Assist with special events as needed
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner and that all CVC health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all time
Additional InformationAnticipated Start and End Dates: April 8, 2019 to August 30, 2019 (35 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $16.75
Forward resume by February 18, 2019 to:
Please quote "Crew Member, Conservation Parks (Property Management) – Terra Cotta, Halton Hills" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.