Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Property Management, Terra Cotta Conservation Area
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Property Management, Terra Cotta Conservation Area
Summary of Functions
To provide excellent customer service and implementation of the full property management program on CVC’s land for the summer season. This position operates from the Terra Cotta Conservation Area in Halton Hills.
- Must possess a valid “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate must provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Experience operating landcare equipment and commercial mowers
- Ability to easily engage with public and staff verbally
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Knowledge of power tools
- Standard first aid and CPR
- Knowledge of tree species
- Experience operating a vehicle with a trailer attached
- Chainsaw operators certificate or equivalent training
Summary of Major Tasks
- Liability inspection of CVC properties
- Ensure safe operation and inspection of land care equipment
- Carry out property maintenance which includes but not limited to heavy lifting, carpentry, plumbing and grounds maintenance
- Assist in hazard tree removal
- Carrying out routine daily tasks as well as other assigned duties
- Carry out trail maintenance and repairs
- Perform other duties as needed
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: April 30, 2018 to August 31, 2018 (35 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $14.64 per hour
Forward resume by March 25, 2018 to:
Please quote "Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Property Management, Terra Cotta Conservation Area" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.