Crew Member, Conservation Parks (Property Management) – Terra Cotta Conservation Area- 1 Casual Position
September 3, 2019 to November 1, 2019 (35 hours/week) - Seasonal
At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Crew Member, Conservation Parks (Property Management) – Terra Cotta Conservation Area- 1 Casual Position
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
To provide excellent customer service and implementation of the full property management program on CVC’s land for the fall season.
- Must possess a valid “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate must provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff
- Experience in operating and daily maintenance of equipment and machinery, e.g. riding mowers, lawnmowers, grass trimmers, hand tools, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Knowledge of power tools
- Standard first aid and CPR
- Knowledge of tree species
- Experience operating a vehicle with a trailer attached
- Chainsaw operators certificate or equivalent training
Summary of Major Tasks
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of CVC owned and operated equipment
- Carry out maintenance and operations in Conservation Areas, which could include but not limited to heavy lifting, carpentry, plumbing, grounds maintenance, dam maintenance and trail maintenance
- Responsible for the assigned day to day operational duties in various Conservation Areas
- Conduct property liability inspections and complete inspection forms in a timely manner
- Assist with seasonal equipment changeover from summer to winter
- Assist in the removal of risk trees
- Have the ability to work alone effectively
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner and that all CVC health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Assist in the production of firewood
Salary starting at: $16.75
Forward resume by August, 23rd, 2019 to:
Please quote "Crew Member, Conservation Parks (Property Management) – Terra Cotta Conservation Area- 1 Casual Position" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.