Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Island Lake (2 Casual Positions)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Island Lake (2 Casual Positions)
Summary of Functions
To provide excellent customer service and administration of full conservation area program and operations at CVC’s Island Lake Conservation Area for the summer fishing and recreation program. This position operates from Island Lake Conservation Area in Orangeville.
- Must possess a valid Class “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate must provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Experience driving all-terrain vehicles;
- Ability to easily engage with the public and staff both verbally;
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions and be available to work all weekends and holidays;
- Strong communication and customer service experience;
- Cash handling experience;
- Ability to lift a 50lb battery;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail;
- Pleasure Craft Operator card is mandatory
- Knowledge of electrical trolling motors; use and repairs;
- Knowledge of fishing techniques and species;
- Standard first aid and CPR certification
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under limited direction:
- Safe operation and daily inspection of Island Lake equipment;
- Handle cash and multiple forms of payment, operate a cash register. Be responsible for accurate end of day reports and settlement;
- Assist with the set-up of picnics, events and weddings;
- Carry out park maintenance which includes, but not limited to heavy lifting, carpentry, plumbing and grounds maintenance;
- Carrying out daily routine tasks as well as other assigned duties;
- Be knowledgeable about all CVC Conservation Areas and events and activities in order to inform visitors;
- Maintain a good working relationship with staff, Conservation Area Member and visitors, community groups and on-site operators;
- Work effectively alone and during non-daylight hours;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: (35 hours/ week)
- April 28, 2018 to November 2, 2018 (2 positions)
Salary starting at: $14.64 per hour
Forward resume by April 22, 2018 to:
Please quote "Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Island Lake (2 Casual Positions)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.