Crew Leader, Watershed Monitoring (Fisheries)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Crew Leader, Watershed Monitoring (Fisheries)
Summary of Functions
Lead a field crew in providing technical field assistance to the fisheries component of the Integrated Watershed Monitoring Program (IWMP).
- Must be currently enrolled in or have completed a college/university diploma or degree program specializing in fisheries biology, ecology, environmental science or a related environmental field.
- Must have a valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License. The successful applicant will be required to provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Field supervision and field work coordination experience.
- Must be willing to work under adverse environmental conditions.
- Class 2 electrofishing certification required; Class 1 certification and Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card are assets.
- Experience in river and stream sampling including electrofishing and fish identification, water quality, benthic invertebrate sampling.
- Standard first aid and CPR required.
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under limited direction.
- Lead a field crew to collect fisheries data for the IWMP,
- Sample, identify and record fish species and biomass data throughout the Credit River watershed using a backpack electrofisher, generator unit electrofisher, and seine or hoop nets.
- Prepare Fisheries Collection Records as required by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
- Provide assistance to the other components of the monitoring program (benthic macroinvertebrates, hydrogeology, geomorphology, water quality), or other CVC projects as required
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: May 22, 2018 to August 31, 2018 (35 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $18.31 per hour
Forward resume by March 18, 2018 to:
Please quote "Crew Leader, Watershed Monitoring (Fisheries)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.