Crew Leader, Habitat Restoration – Lakeview Waterfront Connection (1 Casual Position)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Crew Leader, Habitat Restoration – Lakeview Waterfront Connection (1 Casual Position)
Summary of Functions
Reporting to the Ecosystem Restoration Technician II, this position involves supervising a planting and naturalization crew at the Lakeview Waterfront Connection (LWC), and helping facilitate the successful completion of a planting plan for newly-created wetland cells.
- Must be currently enrolled in or have completed post-secondary studies in environmental science, restoration ecology, natural resource management, forestry, or a related environmental field
- Must possess outdoor work experience in terrestrial/ aquatic planting or habitat restoration, and supervisory experience related to major tasks
- Must possess proven experience with the safe hauling, loading, and unloading of trucks and trailers
- Must have a valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License; the successful applicant will be required to provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract, and meet daily at the LWC
- Must be willing to work outside in adverse conditions, and work occasional overtime
- Standard first aid/ CPR certification is required
- Construction experience is an asset
- Good wetland and terrestrial plant identification skills are an asset
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under limited direction:
- Help coordinate planting stock deliveries, verify orders, and select planting locations according to a wetland restoration plan and site conditions
- Work alongside a planting crew that will install a variety of aquatic macrophytes, and meadow species
- Take steps to ensure plant health and survival, including wildlife fencing installation, watering, and pumping
- Assist with other site preparation, naturalization, and monitoring tasks
- Ensure work is conducted in a safe manner, and adhere to all CVC health and safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: May 14 – July 6, 2018 (with possibility of extension)
Salary starting at: $18.31 per hour
Forward resume by February 27, 2018 to:
Please quote "Crew Leader, Habitat Restoration – Lakeview Waterfront Connection (1 Casual Position)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.