Caring for the Credit Volunteer Leader
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Caring for the Credit Volunteer Leader
Summary of Functions
Do you enjoy being outside? Are you an environmentalist or naturalist at heart? Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) is looking for individuals to assist staff at workday events throughout the year. Most events take place on Saturday mornings in the spring and fall, but we do have some events mid-week and on Sundays.
‘Caring for the Credit Volunteer Leaders’ are critical to providing leadership at our volunteer events. These individuals play an important role in providing CVC staff additional support in the field by assisting in the supervision of other volunteers and the coordination of event activities.
- Be part of exciting stewardship projects
- Work closely with awesome CVC staff and meet other people interested in greening our community
- Get valuable experience and leadership skills in the environmental sector
- Gain volunteer hours and recognition for your work
- Build your resume
- Have fun and learn more about Credit Valley Conservation and the environment
- Volunteer certificate
- Get a cool Volunteer T-shirt
- Lend your skills and abilities to important environmental projects
- Support work that CVC and our partners do
- Act as a representative of CVC
- Become an active participant in building a healthier environment!
- Job Start Date:
- Monday, March 26, 2018 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- In-class Training Session to be held at CVC Head Office (1255 Old Derry Road, Mississauga)
- Participants must complete 2.5-3 hours of at home training prior to the in-class session. This is for AODA training and review of other related training documents.
- Time Commitment:
- Must commit to assisting with at least two volunteer events in the spring and two events in the fall.
- Skills or Education Required:
- **Please include your resume
- Must have participated in at least one CVC Workday Events (tree planting, invasive species removal, electrofishing, etc.) in the past or have a strong environmental background
- Must have completed high school
- Interest in the environmental field
- Previous volunteer experience
- Desire to help out and gain leadership skills
Summary of Major Tasks
- You may help with things like:
- Site set up and hazard assessment
- Providing advice and assistance to volunteers
- Quality Control
- Taking photos
- Signing volunteers in
- Providing demonstrations
- Keeping enthusiasm up!
- Health and safety oversight
- Assist with plant monitoring
Additional InformationTraining Provided:
- General CVC and H&S
- On-site event management and leadership training
- Volunteer Leaders must be available to attend the in-class training session before our field season starts
- Volunteer Leaders will then be expected to assist with at least two events in the spring and two events in the fall
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com by March 12, 2018.