Assistant, Natural Heritage – Fisheries
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Assistant, Natural Heritage – Fisheries
Summary of Functions
To provide technical field assistance and office support to the fisheries component of the Natural Heritage Program.
- Must have completed a college/university diploma or degree program specializing in fisheries biology, ecology, environmental science or a related environmental field.
- Must have a valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License. The successful applicant will be required to provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Must be willing to work under adverse environmental conditions.
- Class 1 or 2 electrofishing certification and Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card are assets.
- Experience in river and stream sampling including electrofishing and fish identification
- Computer skills in Excel, Access and GIS are assets.
- Standard first aid and CPR preferred.
Summary of Major Tasks
- Prepare for and attend citizen science stream data collection event and other outreach events.
- Support Brook Trout data collection for reintroduction project.
- Help with invasive aquatic species removal and summarize results.
- Support fisheries collections.
- Update digital library of aquatic reference reports and articles.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: (35 hours/week)
- April 30 – November 30, 2018
Salary starting at: $14.64 per hour
Forward resume by March 18, 2018 to:
Please quote "Assistant, Natural Heritage – Fisheries" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.