Assistant, Habitat Restoration – Lakeview Waterfront Connection (4 Casual Positions)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Assistant, Habitat Restoration – Lakeview Waterfront Connection (4 Casual Positions)
Summary of Functions
Work as part of a waterfront-based naturalization team that will be responsible for implementing a planting plan in newly-created wetland cells at the Lakeview Waterfront Connection (LWC).
- Must be currently enrolled in or have completed post-secondary studies in environmental science, restoration ecology, natural resource management, forestry, or a related environmental field
- Must possess aquatic or terrestrial outdoor work experience
- Must have a valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License; the successful applicant will be required to provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract, and meet daily at the LWC
- Must be willing to work outside in adverse conditions, and work occasional overtime
- Landscaping, planting, or construction experience is an asset
- Wetland and terrestrial plant identification skills are an asset
- First aid/ CPR certification is an asset
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Plant a variety of aquatic macrophytes and meadow species to help create diverse wetland habitat
- Assist in planting stock order verification, and take steps to ensure plant health and survival
- Assist with site preparation, seeding, monitoring surveys, wildlife fencing installation, and water pumping as needed
- Conduct work in a safe manner, ensuring that all CVC health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: May 14 to July 6, 2018 (with possibility of extension)
Salary starting at: $14.14 per hour
Forward resume by February 27, 2018 to:
Please quote "Assistant, Habitat Restoration – Lakeview Waterfront Connection (4 Casual Positions)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.