Assistant, Building Operations (Head Office)
Anticipated Start Date: October 7th, 2019, Full-time
At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Assistant, Building Operations (Head Office)
Summary of Functions
This position is responsible for assisting with preventative and routine maintenance activities for the CVC Administration Office in Mississauga while providing courteous and effective service to members of the public as well as CVC staff.
- High School Diploma
- Building Environmental Systems (BES), Level 2 is preferred
- Completion of courses/training related to trades and maintenance activities an asset
- Up to one year of experience related to major tasks
- Demonstrated general repair skills in carpentry, plumbing, water heating and electrical systems
- Proven experience in the safe operation of snow plows and blowers, mowers and other maintenance equipment and power tools.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbal and written, with all levels within the company
- Ability to achieve quality results using logical approaches to resolve challenges
- Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and manage multiple demands with tight deadlines
- Ability to pick up and carry 50 lbs.
- General mechanical aptitude and ability (e.g. grounds maintenance equipment)
- Ability to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license in good standing
Summary of Major Tasks
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of the administration office building, including minor carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical work.
- Assist with waste, recycling and hazardous materials issues
- Grounds maintenance of main office, including but not limited to: grass cutting, snow shoveling, interior and exterior window cleaning, gardens maintenance, garbage disposal and litter pick up.
- Ensure kitchen and bathroom areas are clean, and supplies are stocked throughout the day.
- Operation of mechanical equipment, including: snow blowers and plows, mowers and a variety of handheld power tools
- Monitor, inspect and assist in the maintenance of building systems, including alarm systems (24 hour response for alarms).
- Monitor and maintain the security cameras.
- Assist with all emergency situations involving system failures, mechanical breakdowns and service disruption.
- Order building maintenance supplies and ensure paper supply by photocopiers are fully stocked.
- Respond to problems or queries in a timely manner
- Assist staff with requests and maintain positive relations through the manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
- Participate in corporate occupational health and safety program, e.g. check fire extinguishers, participate in JHSC meetings
- Quickly respond to and repair health & safety hazards.
- Assist in minor repair and building maintenance, including minor carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical work.
- Identify HVAC, water system and electric system issues and report them to Building Operations Manager
- General field support or general labour may be required from time-to-time for program areas including facilities, conservation parks, invasive, restoration and forestry subject to approval of the supervisor.
- Provide backup support in the absence of the Assistant, Building and Nursery Operations, as required.
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position.
Salary starting at: Anual Salary Starting at: $46,131
Forward resume by September 27th, 2019 to:
Please quote "Assistant, Building Operations (Head Office)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.